ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — A plane evacuating more than 200 Americans from a Chinese city at the center of a virus outbreak continued Wednesday on to Southern California after everyone aboard passed a health screening test in Anchorage, Alaska.
The aircraft had stopped there to refuel. All 201 passengers had already been through two screenings in China and were screened twice more in Anchorage.
Alaska’s Department of Health and Social Services says one passenger received medical attention for a minor injury that happened before boarding the airplane in China.
In California, they will undergo additional health screenings and be temporarily housed for a period of time.
- CPD: Three arrested during protest over in-custody death of Jamal Sutherland
- ‘Still the GOAT’: Simone Biles receives flood of support on social media
- LeBron James ‘Space Jam’ mural vandalized in his own hometown
- Surfside Beach council passes 1st reading of ordinance to address hole-digging on beach
- Mother speaks out after 6-year-old dies from blunt force trauma in NC; police say child interrupted father’s video games