MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WBTW) – A couple was arrested in Myrtle Beach after police say they neglected their four children.
On Saturday, Myrtle Beach police responded to Sea Crest Oceanfront Resort at 803 Ocean Blvd in reference to a welfare check of four children, according to a crime report.
When police arrived at the scene, they found both Robyn Scharf, 32, and Bradly Scharf, 36, highly intoxicated, still in swim wear from earlier in the day, according to authorities.
Police said Robyn was found passed out halfway on the bed, and Bradly was “grossly intoxicated” to the point that he fell while holding their 3-month-old baby, almost hitting the child’s head on a wooden table.
All four children were still in swim attire from earlier in the day with no clean clothes to change into, and had not been fed since noon, approximately 10 hours prior, according to police.
Police said they thought the pair was intoxicated to the point that they could not provide adequate care for four children.
Robyn and Bradly, who were from Washington State were both charged with unlawful neglect of a child or helpless person.
- After worst travel year on record, national hotel group warns of slow recovery due to COVID-19
- Pee Dee pharmacies waiting on vaccine doses
- Woman accused of killing husband in Florence released from jail on bond
- Chase for the Championship | Virginia sends strong message to ACC
- Florence police search for missing man last heard from a month ago