FLORENCE, S.C. (WBTW) — A Florence man is facing charges after police say he pointed a gun at another driver during a road rage incident.
Michael Thomas Johnson, 37, was taken into custody Sunday at his home on an outstanding warrant for pointing and presenting a firearm, according to police.
The warrant is from a road rage incident on Dec. 31 in the 1500 block of Second Loop Road, according to police.
Officers learned that the victim honked her vehicle’s horn to alert the vehicle in front of her to proceed through the green light. When she did, Johnson, according to police, pulled out a handgun, racked it back, and pointed the handgun at the victim.
Johnson has been released from the Florence County Detention Center on a personal recognizance bond.
- Southwest Airlines to add flights to MYR
- Stimulus check calculator: Do you qualify for $1,400?
- Meghan and Harry interview with Oprah lays bare royal rift
- Thieves swipe woman’s 500-pound safe filled with treasures, including lock of Alexander Hamilton’s hair
- CCU men fall to App State in Sun Belt tournament semifinals, 64-61