MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WBTW) – Police are responding after shots were fired Monday morning, according to Myrtle Beach police.
Around 4:40 a.m., officers were dispatched to Highway 501 and Canal Street, where they say several injuries have been reported at this time and one person has died, according to Corporal Tom Vest with MBPD.
The man who was killed was identified by the Horry County Coroner’s Office as Darius Hemingway, 30, of Myrtle Beach. He died at the scene from his injuries.
Four people were hospitalized and one person was treated on scene and released, according to authorities.
If you have any photos or videos that will help MBPD’s investigation, please call 843-918-1382.
Details are limited at this time in this developing story. Count on News13 for updates.
- Man stabbed 12 times after defending elderly woman on North Carolina bus, he says
- Woman says she wasn’t allowed on American Airlines flight because mask was see-through
- Watch: Crews rescue sea lion with head stuck in metal loop
- Police: Myrtle Beach man watched kids steal golf cart, laughed instead of stopping them
- Police: Large quantities of drugs, firearms seized from South Carolina home