LORIS, SC (WBTW) – A Loris woman is facing a charge of unlawful neglect of a child after she and her newborn infant tested positive for drugs, police said.
Porshellhia Moriea Waters, 28, was charged on Wednesday after police say a blood test provided by social services showed she and the infant tested positive for cocaine and marijuana. The infant was born at Loris Hospital on Sept. 18, police said.
After a warrant was obtained for her arrest, Waters turned herself in, police said.
Waters was released Thursday from the J. Reuben Long Detention Center on a $2,500 bond.
- USC-Aiken’s late surge gets them past Francis Marion in Florence, 70-66
- California mom describes allergic reaction to Moderna vaccine
- Three soldiers killed in upstate NY military helicopter crash
- Pee Dee Alpha Kappa Alpha’s reflect on VP Kamala Harris’ Inauguration
- Chiefs’ Chad Henne goes from backup QB to playoff stage