LORIS, SC (WBTW) – A Loris woman is facing a charge of unlawful neglect of a child after she and her newborn infant tested positive for drugs, police said.
Porshellhia Moriea Waters, 28, was charged on Wednesday after police say a blood test provided by social services showed she and the infant tested positive for cocaine and marijuana. The infant was born at Loris Hospital on Sept. 18, police said.
After a warrant was obtained for her arrest, Waters turned herself in, police said.
Waters was released Thursday from the J. Reuben Long Detention Center on a $2,500 bond.
- Warmer today with better rain chances
- New Horry County ‘alternative school’ design approved, costs $5 million more than expected
- North Myrtle Beach passes oceanfront parking changes
- Loris & Socastee name new high school football coaches
- UNC squanders double-digit lead in 6th straight loss, 77-76, at Notre Dame