HUNTERSVILLE, N.C. (FOX 46 CHARLOTTE) – A man has been charged with “weapons of mass destruction” after authorities said they removed a suspicious item from a North Carolina apartment.
Officers with the Huntersville Police Department were called to the 8400 block of Streamview Drive on Saturday, to assist a victim in retrieving items from their home due to a domestic disturbance on a previous date.
While at the scene, officers said they observed an unusual device and evacuated the area. CMPD Bomb Squad arrived and safely removed the item on Saturday.
On Sunday, with the assistance of the US Marshals Carolina Regional Fugitive Task Force, Justin Lloyd Colman, 38, was arrested and charged with two counts of a weapon of mass destruction and two counts of a firearm by a felon.
Check back for updates on this developing story.
- SC teacher advocacy group wants teachers prioritized in next COVID-19 vaccine phase
- FBI: 33 missing children, including some who were sexually exploited, found in California operation
- ‘Just want to say thank you’: First lady Jill Biden delivers cookies to National Guard troops
- Devante Jones leads the way as the CCU men take down Troy, 90-81
- Solicitor talks about uniqueness of charge against couple accused of public sex acts in Myrtle Beach