NORTH MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WBTW) – North Myrtle Beach police have arrested a man after hey say he allegedly punched a woman in the face and then choked a child.
Tevin Brown, 29, was arrested Sunday after police say he assaulted a woman following a fight.
Around 10:08 p.m. Saturday, police responded to an apartment on Hillside Drive South in reference to a public disorderly conduct complain.
When officers arrived, they discovered a woman who said she and Brown had been arguing when he became aggressive and punched her in the eye, according to police.
The woman said after Brown punched her, her son came to her defense to get get Brown away from her, police said.
This is when, according to police, Brown grabbed the boy by his throat in an aggressive manner.
The woman then grabbed a knife from the kitchen and cut Brown in an attempt to loosen his grip from her child, police said. Once Brown let go of the child, the woman ran over to the neighbor’s home to call police.
Brown was charged with domestic violence, 2nd degree, and unlawful conduct toward a child. He was released on a $10,000 bond.
- NCDOT receives additional $2.14 million for Hurricane Florence repairs
- USC Gamecocks announce 2021 softball schedule
- Abuse charge against former Pee Dee police officer dismissed
- House Democrats revive push to abolish Electoral College
- Gov. Cooper increases NC National Guard troops to 300 for inauguration at US Capitol