SUMMERVILLE, SC (WCBD) – As people across the world ring in the new year in just a few days, one Summerville woman will be celebrating her 106th birthday amid the fireworks and festivities.
Alice Vaughn will be celebrating the new year along with a very special birthday on Tuesday – her children say she has a secret to a long life; hard work, no drinking and no smoking.
Her family says each year becomes a little more challenging as she grows older and often forgets who they are. However, they refuse to forget her.
“Whether they remember you or not, Alzheimer’s, Dementia, just keep coming to see them- you know who they are, you know, and what if it’s their last day and you didn’t come to see them? That’s on you, that’s not on them,” says Angela Strawn, Alice’s granddaughter.
- Data: Congress created virus aid, then reaped the benefits
- Researchers develop new test that tells patients what level of COVID-19 to expect
- Marshall University to remove the name of a building named after Confederate Army general
- Palmetto Games rosters set for event on August 22-23 in Sumter
- Trump defends tweet about NASCAR’s Confederate flag ban, Bubba Wallace