SUMMERVILLE, SC (WCBD) – As people across the world ring in the new year in just a few days, one Summerville woman will be celebrating her 106th birthday amid the fireworks and festivities.
Alice Vaughn will be celebrating the new year along with a very special birthday on Tuesday – her children say she has a secret to a long life; hard work, no drinking and no smoking.
Her family says each year becomes a little more challenging as she grows older and often forgets who they are. However, they refuse to forget her.
“Whether they remember you or not, Alzheimer’s, Dementia, just keep coming to see them- you know who they are, you know, and what if it’s their last day and you didn’t come to see them? That’s on you, that’s not on them,” says Angela Strawn, Alice’s granddaughter.
- North Carolina community helps 1950s victim of attempted lynching as he’s being forced from home
- Hundreds show support as check is presented to family of airport officer Jackson Winkeler
- Classes canceled at Duke University’s Kunshan campus in China due to coronavirus
- 5-year-old accidentally shot by teen relative in North Carolina, police say
- Emmitt Smith goes 1-on-1 with Walter Payton’s son to discuss first Super Bowl, all-time rushing record