MYRTLE BEACH AREA, SC (WBTW) – A driver is in the hospital after leading Highway Patrol on a high-speed chase Saturday afternoon.
It all started around 3 p.m. Saturday in the Waterbridge neighborhood off Carolina Forest Blvd, according to Cpl. Sonny Collins with SCHP.
That’s where a trooper noticed a car driving recklessly.
The driver, though, refused to stop for the trooper, and that’s when the chase began.
Troopers followed the driver down Highway 31. At one point, the driver was traveling into oncoming traffic.
Eventually, the driver turned off an exit ramp, and troopers lost them.
Later, the car was found by Horry County police crashed in front of Pirate’s Voyage on Highway 17.
The driver was taken to Grand Strand Hospital.
The case is still under investigation. It’s still unclear what the driver will be charged with.
Count on News13 as we learn more.
- Florence Police investigate reported abduction
- States volunteer to host RNC as Trump considers moving it from North Carolina
- Heavy rain Wednesday morning
- Marion’s TJ Sanders seeing many D-1 offers for football
- 4 Minneapolis officers fired after death of black man