CONWAY, SC (WBTW) – Work begins Wednesday to replace the guardrail on the Highway 501 Waccamaw River Bridge in Conway after a tractor-trailer overturned and fell into the river last week.
The 50-foot guard rail replacement will begin at 9 a.m. Wednesday, and is expected to continue through Friday, according to the South Carolina Department of Transportation.
The outside Northbound lane will be closed during the repair period. People are asked to use caution while driving through the area.
The driver of the tractor-trailer was taken to the hospital with injuries and later charged with driving too fast for the conditions.
Crews removed the tractor-trailer Friday.
- 16 finish firefighter recruit school, graduate during ceremonies at Horry Georgetown Technical College
- Grasping for air: Heat a major issue at Olympic tennis venue
- Olympic pole vaulter posts video of graphic injury at practice: ‘Messed up all my teeth’
- Georgia man arrested in 1988 murder of 8-year-old boy after DNA evidence links him to crime
- Part of Utah’s Great Salt Lake reaches historic low