MARLBORO COUNTY, S.C. (WBTW) — Two people died in a crash in Marlboro County Thursday morning, according to South Carolina Highway Patrol.
The crash happened on SC 381 near Plainview Road outside of McColl at 7:30 a.m., troopers said. Two cars were involved in the crash.
A 1998 Infinity QX4 was traveling north on SC 381 when a 2017 Chevrolet Malibu crossed the center line and hit the Infinity, troopers said. The driver and passenger in the Infinity were not wearing seatbelts, but the driver of the Chevrolet was, troopers said.
The drivers of both vehicles died, troopers said. The passenger of the Infinity was taken to a hospital.
The identities of the people killed have not been released. Count on News13 for updates.
- Former President Donald Trump endorsed Tim Scott in 2022 U.S. Senate reelection bid
- Dr. Seuss books going for exorbitant prices on Amazon
- South Carolina schools deal with shortage of substitute teachers, Horry County short around 650
- Warrant: North Carolina child murdered while in the care of her babysitter suffered horrific injuries
- ‘Not appropriate’: Experts weigh in on North Carolina K-9 officer video