OAK ISLAND, N.C. — Tropical Storm Isaias could bring a storm surge of two to four feet along the coastline.
And on Oak Island, the Sea Turtle Protection Program is watching the storm closely.
This year, Oak Island has close to 100 sea turtle nests among the sand dunes.
Volunteers worry the storm surge could damage the dunes and the turtle nests.
FOX8’s Cindy Farm explains what they’re doing to help keep the turtles safe.
- Police investigate armed robbery at Ruby Tuesday in Florence
- Cold weather returns tonight
- Hampton Roads native looking toward Tokyo Olympics; focusing on mental game during pandemic
- Sheriff: Florida rapper made music, then killed 2 men in recording studio
- Baby hit by car as mom, dad argue over custody in North Carolina, deputies say