FLORENCE, SC (WBTW) – Senator Lindsey Graham held a press conference with Law enforcement and the South Carolina Fraternal Order of Police Tuesday afternoon in Florence.
At 1:30 p.m. in Victor’s at Hotel Florence, Senator Graham, along with Congressman Tom Rice, spoke on his position on police funding.
“I never saw a more dangerous time to be a police officer than now,” Graham said. “It seems like it is open season on cops.”
Jaime Harrison released the following statement after Graham’s press conference.
“After 25 years in Washington, Lindsey Graham has changed, and he’ll do anything to play political games,” Harrison said. “I do not support defunding the police, but I do support police reform, and that starts with training, changing the way force is used, and funding community safety, not military-style tactics. It’s clear police across this country must do better, and that’s why leaders at every level — local, state, and federal — need to hear these protesters, and take action.”
He is also expected to speak again at 11 a.m. Wednesday in Greenville.
- Garth Brooks set to perform at Biden inauguration, says it’s ‘not a political statement’
- Anti-abortion faith leaders support use of COVID-19 vaccines linked to cell lines
- Myrtle Beach purposes first-ever bike and pedestrian lanes for downtown streets
- South Carolina reports 2,946 new cases of COVID-19 and 8 additional deaths
- Why is Twitter allowed to restrict what politicians and other users say online?