CONWAY, SC (WBTW) – Police are investigating a shots fired incident near CCU Wednesday night.
According to an alert sent out by the university, the shots were fired near the Coastal Club complex, which is an off-campus housing complex not owned by the university. The university is asking students in the area to shelter in place.
Taylor Newell with the City of Conway tells News13 the incident happened around 7 p.m. Upon investigation, police say a gun was fired but no one was shot.
Around 8:30 p.m. CCU released a message on social media that said the Coastal Club was clear and that there was no immediate threat to the area.
Police are on the scene. A News13 photographer said there were very few law enforcement vehicles on scene.
Anyone with any information is asked to call the Conway Police Department at (843) 248-1790.
Count on News13 for updates.
- Horry County looks to update comprehensive plan for maintaining its beaches
- Denver mayor tells public to stay home, then flies to see his family
- Health officials report close to 4,000 COVID-19 cases among students, staff at SC schools
- Police: Man forced his way into Myrtle Beach hotel, kidnapped 2 people
- Police: Man charged after reportedly taking family from hotel at gunpoint