HANAHAN, S.C. (WCBD/WBTW) – The investigation continues into the death of a 10-year-old in Hanahan.
Saturday night, the Hanahan Police Department responded to a call about a shooting at a home located at the 58- block of Robinson Street.
Once officers arrived at the scene, they found a 10-year-old dead inside the home.
The State Law Enforcement Division, the Hanahan Police Department, the Berkeley County Coroner’s Office, and the Berkeley County Sheriff’s Office are all assisting in this investigation.
An autopsy is scheduled for October 9.
According to the Associated Press, authorities say Lucas was shot inside the home by an 11-year-old boy. The relationship between the two children wasn’t disclosed.
An investigation is ongoing.
- Businesses near The Murrells Inlet Marshwalk struggle to say open
- ‘It’s a crucial time’: Coronavirus lockdown strands Myrtle Beach family in Colombia while adopting child
- Georgetown police search for man considered to be armed and dangerous
- College Board offering free virtual AP Exam prep; exams to be taken online in May
- Reports: Country artist John Prine dead at 73 after battle with COVID-19