HIGH POINT, NC (WGHP) – A standoff in High Point came to an end Monday night with two deputies shot and the man barricaded inside a home killed, according to Guilford County Sheriff’s Office Capt. Brian Hall.
Around 8:30 a.m. Monday, a deputy came to a home in the 4000 block of Braddock Road to serve civil papers.
A man at the home shoved the deputy and retreated inside and barricaded himself in the home.
Gunshots were heard throughout the day inside the house.
Nearby homes were evacuated.
Authorities breached the home around 7 p.m.
Two deputies and the man barricaded inside were hit by gunfire. The man died from his injuries.
There is no word on the extent of the deputies’ injuries.
- First SCHSL football media poll is out, 3 teams ranked #1 in our viewing area
- DHEC announces 739 new COVID-19 cases, 30 more deaths; updates numbers with delayed results
- Texas man who sought to kill, rape and eat a child sentenced to 40 years in federal prison
- 20,000 American flags placed near White House to remember lives lost to coronavirus
- Suspect wanted for May shooting in Florence arrested without incident