CARY, N.C. (WNCN) — Extra police were called after a large brawl spilled out of Cary high school gym into the parking lot Tuesday night, officials said.
The incident was reported around 9:15 p.m. at Panther Creek High School, according to Town of Cary spokeswoman Carolyn Roman.
Panther Creek was playing Green Hope High School in what Roman said is “a pretty good rivalry” when the incident began.
“Some sort of altercation started in the gym and it spilled out into the parking lot,” Roman said.
Four Cary off-duty police officers were already working at the game when the incident happened, Roman said. After the incident was reported, 17 more officers were sent — including some from Apex and the Wake County Sheriff’s Office, Roman said.
Roman said no arrests had been made and no one was injured.
It’s not known how many people were involved in the altercation or what triggered it.
- Jackson invited to play in the 2021 Reese’s Senior Bowl
- Horry County Schools finishes installing plexiglass in first school to prevent COVID-19 spread
- U.S. House passes bill that would prohibit public contact with big cats, like tigers
- UPS limits deliveries for some of country’s biggest retailers due to demand, reports say
- Darlington police arrest man accused of throwing 83-year-old woman to ground, taking purse