DORCHESTER COUNTY, S.C. (WCBD) – A man is now in jail after shooting his wife.
The incident happened in the morning on August 17 off of Highway 61 in Ridgeville.
According to the Dorchester County Sheriff’s Office, 90-year-old Edwin N. Nelson Jr. called dispatch stating he just shot his wife.
Deputies say when they got to the home, they found 83-year-old Sarah Nelson on the floor suffering from a gunshot wound.
Edwin Nelson is being held in the Knight Detention Center.
- Inmate used ‘body cavity’ to bring tiny gun into jail, sheriff’s office says
- Invasive mussels found in product sold at pet supply stores in South Carolina
- Beauty store robber wanted in NC, SC
- North Carolina pastor charged in multiple sexual assaults of juveniles over 10 years gets $3M bond
- Staying cool through the weekend