AIKEN, S.C. (AP) — Authorities in South Carolina are investigating the death of a 2-year-old child who is believed to have accidentally shot himself.
Aiken County Coroner Darryl Ables said it happened at the child’s home in Graniteville around 8:30 p.m. Saturday, the Aiken Standard reported.
The boy was identified as Jamarious Rogers. He was pronounced dead a hospital around 11:30 p.m. Saturday. The Aiken County Sheriff’s Office is investigating. Ables said an autopsy was planned.
- Denver mayor tells public to stay home, then flies to see his family
- Health officials report close to 4,000 COVID-19 cases among students, staff at SC schools
- Police: Man forced his way into Myrtle Beach hotel, kidnapped 2 people
- Police: Man charged after reportedly taking family from hotel at gunpoint
- Trump says he’ll leave if Electoral College seats Biden