MARINE CORPS BASE CAMP LEJEUNE, N.C. (WNCT) – A marine from Camp Lejeune is caught after fleeing the area.
The Richlands Police Department and Onslow County Sheriff’s Office apprehended Lance Cpl. Miller Friday around 8 p.m. in Richlands.
Lance Cpl. Shawn M. Miller, fled from Camp Lejeune Thursday afternoon after being ordered to pretrial confinement for an alleged criminal activity, according to a press release.
Miller was transported to the Onslow County Detention Center and is being held on an armed robbery charge brought by the Pender County Court.
The marine who is a field artillery cannoneer with 2d Battalion, 10th Marine Regiment, has active warrants in North Carolina.
- Obama denounces Trump on campaign trail: ‘This is not a reality show’
- Dallas man and his late wife’s stolen identity used to commit voter fraud
- Former Blue Bell president charged with trying to cover up 2015 Listeria contamination of ice cream
- 100-year-old WWII veteran shares secrets of longevity, success
- North Carolina woman goes to vote; told she’s ineligible because she’s dead