RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – A third person in North Carolina died as a result of Hurricane Dorian, according to a news release from Gov. Roy Cooper’s office.
The State Medical Examiner’s Office said 54-year-old George Carlton of Tallahassee, Florida “died from injuries sustained in a chainsaw accident on Saturday.”
He was clearing a downed tree off Kerr Avenue, the release said.
A homeowner said he was cutting grass when Carlton rans towards him after being injured.
The homeowner says he performed CPR until EMS crews arrived, but Carlton didn’t survive.
The other two deaths were a Pamlico County man who collapsed Friday and a Columbus County man who fell from a ladder while preparing his home on Sept. 2, according to the release.
“State agencies and our partners will continue to deliver supplies and aid until our coast has recovered from Hurricane Dorian. The sad news of an additional confirmed fatality is a reminder that though the storm has moved away, we are still experiencing the dangers from the damage,” said Cooper.
- Stanley helps Duke blow past Virginia Tech 88-64
- Syracuse rallies to earn 79-72 win over Georgia Tech
- Dawes’ career-best 22 leads Clemson past Boston College 82-64
- High School Basketball playoff scores – February 22
- Two arrested in connection with Florence County homicide