COLLETON COUNTY, S.C. (WSAV) – Agents of the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division arrested the sheriff of Colleton County Saturday in connection with an assault of a person.
Sheriff Andy Strickland was arrested and charged with one count of Domestic Violence, Second Degree.
According to SLED, the incident happened on Thursday night. Strickland punched a household member in the face during an argument. He then took two household members’ cell phones, preventing them from reporting the incident or receiving emergency medical assistance.
While trying to flee, Strickland also damaged a vehicle he was driving.
This case will be prosecuted by the 14th Circuit Solicitor’s Office.
Back in September, Strickland was accused of misusing taxpayer money to pay for a hotel room for his children at a law enforcement conference.
- A warm end to the weekend
- Gov. McMaster issues new executive order in response to COVID-19
- Mother charged after infant found in plastic bag at NC church parking lot
- Tideland Health reports first COVID-19 patient death for healthcare system
- DHEC: 2 new COVID-19 related deaths, statewide total reaches 660