GREENVILLE, N.C. (WNCT) An 82-year-old North Carolina man has been charged with sex crimes involving a minor, deputies said.
On Wednesday, detectives from the Pitt County Sheriff’s Office arrested Edwin Lee Nobles of Beaufort County, North Carolina.
Nobles was sent to the Pitt County Detention Center on three counts of a first-degree statutory sex offense, all felonies, involving a child under the age of 13.
He is being held under a $1.5 million bond.
- New Horry County “alternative school” design approved, costs $5 million more than expected
- North Myrtle Beach passes oceanfront parking changes
- Loris & Socastee name new high school football coaches
- UNC squanders double-digit lead in 6th straight loss, 77-76, at Notre Dame
- Renovation of 50-year-old Conway church looks to ‘transform to new era’