GREENVILLE, N.C. (WNCT) An 82-year-old North Carolina man has been charged with sex crimes involving a minor, deputies said.
On Wednesday, detectives from the Pitt County Sheriff’s Office arrested Edwin Lee Nobles of Beaufort County, North Carolina.
Nobles was sent to the Pitt County Detention Center on three counts of a first-degree statutory sex offense, all felonies, involving a child under the age of 13.
He is being held under a $1.5 million bond.
- President Biden’s measures to fight climate change include freeze on new offshore drilling leases
- No. 20 Hokies rebound from road loss to top Notre Dame 62-51
- Community attends prayer service on anniversary of Gannon Stauch’s disappearance
- UNCP men win the battle of I95, taking down Francis Marion, 82-80
- Bryant, South Carolina take down Georgia with ease, 83-59