CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP) – Charleston police say a pedestrian died after she was struck by an elderly driver in a church parking lot and pinned between the car and a wall.
WCSC says authorities were called to Blessed Sacrament Church Wednesday morning. Police told the news station that the death is under investigation and there were no immediate criminal charges.
The Catholic Diocese of Charleston said in a statement the incident was especially devastating on Christmas Day. It called for prayers for the victim and her family and everyone else who was affected.
- Gambino crime family’s elder Gotti, Peter, dies in North Carolina prison
- UNCP mobile clinic takes vaccines on the road, gives students frontline experience
- SCHSL and SCISA basketball playoff scores, February 25
- COVID-19 relief package hangs in the balance as lawmakers stay along party lines
- Palmetto Pot War: A look at the science behind medical marijuana and obstacles researchers face