CHARLESTON, SC (WCBD) – The White House announced in a press release that First Lady Melania Trump and Second Lady Karen Pence will travel to Charleston to highlight emergency preparedness efforts and meet with troops on Wednesday, October 30.
They will visit with 5th graders at Lambs Elementary School and participate in the Red Cross’s Pillowcase Project, which is an emergency response program designed for children to help them be better prepared both mentally and physically for natural disasters.
Mrs. Trump and Mrs. Pence will also visit Joint Base Charleston where they will meet with Airmen, Sailors, Soldiers, Marines, Coast Guardsmen, and civilians to thank them for their service and learn more about the bases’s capabilities in disaster response, relief, and recovery efforts.
Mrs. Trump will then deliver remarks to the troops and their families thanking them for their service.
- Businesses near The Murrells Inlet Marshwalk struggle to say open
- ‘It’s a crucial time’: Coronavirus lockdown strands Myrtle Beach family in Colombia while adopting child
- Georgetown police search for man considered to be armed and dangerous
- College Board offering free virtual AP Exam prep; exams to be taken online in May
- Reports: Country artist John Prine dead at 73 after battle with COVID-19