VANCEBORO, NC (WNCT) – A North Carolina sheriff’s office is investigating the death of a family.
Craven County Sheriff Chip Hughes said five people were found dead at a Vanceboro home in the area of Kinsaw Court on Friday.
Sheriff Hughes said this situation was an isolated incident and there is no threat to the community. Hughes will share more information on the investigation on Monday.
According to neighbors, Michael Jay Ireland lived at that address with his family. Neighbors recall Michael working on a shrimp boat in Virginia and rarely being home.
There are 8 homes in the small neighborhood and people living in the area said the Ireland’s were not social with neighbors.
This is a developing story. Stay with WNCT as more details are released.
- Stimulus Check Calculator: How much money will you get?
- COVID-19 case count at 935 in North Carolina, state reports
- FDA clears test to detect coronavirus in 5 minutes
- Police: Two hurt in Bennettsville drive-by shooting
- NC State Trooper dies in traffic collision