CITRUS COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – The Citrus County Sheriff’s Office has arrested a 17-year-old in connection to the death of his mother.
Deputies say the teen originally claimed he was asleep in his room when his mother was killed on July 13.
After nine weeks of investigating, the sheriff’s office arrested the teen for the murder of his mother.
“No two cases are ever the same and this particular case had many unique technological challenges making it one of a kind, The tireless work of our High Tech Crimes Unit and the assistance of The United States Secret Service, brought the much needed hidden digital evidence to the forefront paving the way for the arrest.”Citrus County Sheriff Mike Prendergast
Detectives say they will continue their work in conjunction with the State Attorney’s office to convict the teen for his alleged crime.
- NASCAR and jousting exceptions to SC’s large crowd ban
- Pawleys Island PD searching for gunman after shots fired during dispute
- Hot and humid to start the week with storm chances on the rise
- Living Local Carolina: ‘Ground Zero Is A Place Where Every Teenager Can Go, Belong And Grow’
- Local couple starts community effort to show their support for front line workers every weekend