LAUDERHILL, Fla. (AP) — A Florida homeowner killed a masked intruder during a gunfight inside his home, police said.
Lauderhill police spokesman Lt. Michael Santiago told reporters that the gunfight broke out at 12:45 a.m. Saturday. He said the intruder broke into the home and he and the resident exchanged fire.
The homeowner then fled the home. When police arrived, they found the intruder dead inside.
Santiago said the investigation is ongoing. Lauderhill is a suburb of Fort Lauderdale. Further details were not available.
- 72nd Emmy Awards: The Winners
- Bryson DeChambeau blasts way to U.S. Open title
- Carolina comeback hopes fade when injured McCaffrey leaves
- Horry County Police search for missing man with dementia
- Thompson Community Baptist Church hosts First Responders Appreciation Day