ST. PETERSBURG (WFLA) — A 37-year-old St. Petersburg man was arrested after he left his three children home alone so he could meet up with a 14-year-old for sex, arrest reports state.
Police arrested Robert Michael Berry Wednesday afternoon when he showed up to a Holiday Inn hotel to meet an undercover detective posing as a 14-year-old child.
The arrest report says Berry started chatting with what he thought was a minor on a messaging app called Skout. Police said Berry admitted to the sexually explicit chat he engaged in on the app.
Berry was also charged with child neglect for leaving his 4, 5, and 7-year-old child home alone while meeting the minor.
Police charged Berry with three counts of child neglect, unlawful use of a cellphone, and traveling to meet a minor.
- City of Conway appeals denial of federal grant for future Carolina Bay project
- Person smoking inside bathroom forces American Airlines flight to divert to Norfolk
- Court says Georgia city can ban Confederate flag in veterans parade
- Court denies Dylann Roof’s request for new appellate hearing
- Meals on Wheels in need of delivery drivers to meet increased demand in Horry County