ST. PETERSBURG (WFLA) — A 37-year-old St. Petersburg man was arrested after he left his three children home alone so he could meet up with a 14-year-old for sex, arrest reports state.
Police arrested Robert Michael Berry Wednesday afternoon when he showed up to a Holiday Inn hotel to meet an undercover detective posing as a 14-year-old child.
The arrest report says Berry started chatting with what he thought was a minor on a messaging app called Skout. Police said Berry admitted to the sexually explicit chat he engaged in on the app.
Berry was also charged with child neglect for leaving his 4, 5, and 7-year-old child home alone while meeting the minor.
Police charged Berry with three counts of child neglect, unlawful use of a cellphone, and traveling to meet a minor.
- Parents told to cut recalled children’s toy in half, throw it away
- JonBenét Ramsey’s father writes to Colorado governor, asks for release of DNA to private lab
- Garth Brooks extends Las Vegas concert dates due to ‘extraordinary’ demand
- Florence County caretaker accused of abusing vulnerable adult at residence
- Coastal Carolina quarterback Grayson McCall named Sun Belt conference Player of the Year for 3rd time