LARGO, Fla. (WFLA) — A Largo woman was arrested Friday for misusing 911 by calling and texting the number to make non-criminal complaints about her husband, police said.
Police said Sylvia Shumaker, 69, used 911 multiple times via text and phone to ask for things like a counselor and how to file for divorce.
Police responded to Shumaker’s residence early Friday morning around 1:50.
Shumaker was reportedly “highly intoxicated” when being questioned by police.
She was arrested and charged with misuse of the 911 system.
- Homicide detectives on scene of Robeson County shooting, sheriff says
- Deputies investigate after multiple golf carts reported stolen from Darlington Raceway
- What comes next after FDA panel’s rejection of Pfizer’s third booster shot?
- ‘Armed and dangerous’: 21-year-old wanted for murder of 3-year-old boy at home in North Carolina
- Gabby Petito disappearance: Police don’t have missing woman’s phone, have received 1K+ tips