LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) – Authorities in Kentucky say former North Carolina State basketball player Anthony Grundy has died from stab wounds suffered as the result of a domestic dispute.
Louisville police spokeswoman Alicia Smiley didn’t provide any additional details on Friday about the death of 40-year-old Anthony Grundy. Smiley says police responded to a residence on Thursday evening regarding a domestic altercation.
A coroner’s report says Grundy died at a hospital Thursday from “multiple sharp force injuries to the body.”
Smiley says an investigation into Grundy’s death is underway and no one has been charged.
Grundy played for the Wolfpack from 1998 to 2002.
His 12-year professional career included a brief stint with the Atlanta Hawks in the NBA and teams in Europe and Asia.
(Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Tennessee nurses pray on medical center’s helipad
- What you need to know today about the virus outbreak
- CCU to provide credit for housing, parking, dining after coronavirus outbreak changes
- 1 detained after person sustains life-threatening injuries in overnight stabbing in Myrtle Beach, police say
- New York City coronavirus deaths top 1,000