WALHALLA, S.C. (AP) — Authorities say a 14-year-old girl was killed in a wreck after a car with six juveniles inside did not stop at a stop sign in South Carolina.
Investigators say Hailee Pacheco was not wearing a seat belt and was in the backseat when she was killed around 6 a.m. Wednesday. Troopers say the car the teen was in ran a stop sign and was hit by a second car driving on state Highway 28 near Walhalla.
One of the two people in the other car was injured, while the conditions of the other five people in the car with the girl killed were not released.
- Murrells Inlet Marshwalk, Veterans Pier closed
- Scattered storms tomorrow could be severe, weather alert day ahead
- US Rep. Bill Huizenga hopes to give front liners tax relief
- Crews responding to apartment complex fire in Horry Co.
- Combating coronavirus: VA orders hospitals to open to civilians in virus-stricken states