WASHINGTON, D.C. (WSPA) – United States Senator from South Carolina Lindsey Graham weighed in on the killing of an Iranian leader on Thursday.
The Pentagon confirmed US military killed Qassem Soleimani, head of Iran’s elite Quds Force, at direction of President Trump.
“This action by President Trump and our military was in direct response to Iranian aggression orchestrated by General Soleimani and his proxies,” Graham tweeted. “To the Iranian government: if you want more, you will get more.”
Soleimani was killed in an airstrike at Baghdad’s international airport, according to the Associated Press.
They report that Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis, the deputy commander of Iran’s-backed militias known as the Popular Mobilization Forces, was also killed.
- HCFR: No injuries reported in overturned vehicle accident in Myrtle Beach
- Interview sparks speculation Parris Island base could be closing
- Mom fights off masked attacker who grabbed her, toddler outside California home
- Dr. Fauci: U.S. still in the first wave, seasonal ‘challenge’ lies ahead
- ‘They were waiting for him’: Man acquitted of murder is shot hours after his release from jail