BISHOPVILLE, S.C. (WBTW) — An inmate was killed Wednesday in an assault at Lee Correctional Institution in Bishopville, according to the South Carolina Department of Corrections (SCDC).
Travis Antwan Lee, 28, was assaulted by several inmates, SCDC said. He died at a hospital.
Lee was serving an 18-year sentence for attempted murder, kidnapping, and criminal conspiracy, SCDC said.
The incident is under investigation by SCDC Police Services and SLED.
- Travelers opting for ‘bucket List’ destinations after pandemic
- Autopsy details injuries and cause of death for grandmother of North Carolina shooter
- No injuries reported in 2-alarm fire involving large garage in Loris
- Alexa, find me the best Prime Day deals for simplifying my life
- ‘Strawberry Moon’: How to watch the last supermoon of 2021