PALM HARBOR, FL (WFLA) — The community and local police officers showed support for a 3-year-old after her mom said no one showed up at her birthday party.
The party took place at John Chestnut Park in East Lake. There was decoration, food, and a bounce house. But there weren’t any guests.
The girl’s mom posted in a Trinity Facebook group: “No one showed up to my 3-year-old’s birthday party today. If anyone wants to bring their kids, there is a bounce house. We will be here until 3.”
Replies of support started flooding the post and shortly, the empty park was filled with kids and parents, all strangers to the girl and her mom.
And then deputies with the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office showed up, gifts in hand.
- What you need to know today about the virus outbreak
- CCU to provide credit for housing, parking, dining after coronavirus outbreak changes
- 1 detained after person sustains life-threatening injuries in overnight stabbing in Myrtle Beach, police say
- New York City coronavirus deaths top 1,000
- Wimbledon canceled for 1st time since WWII because of virus