LAURINBURG, NC (WBTW) – The Laurinburg Police Department recently orchestrated a two-day operation, during which dozens of criminal charges were filed, a news release said Sunday.
Laurinburg PD conducted Operation Blackout on May 1 and May 2 with the help of the Scotland County Sheriff’s Office, NC State Highway Patrol and the Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
The operation resulted in 13 seized firearms, three of which were reported stolen, the news release said. There were over 80 criminal charges during the two day period, including gun, drug and traffic-related charges, among others.
- Third stimulus check: GOP lawmaker wants $1,400 payment reserved for people who get COVID-19 vaccine
- Trump impeachment to go to Senate Monday, launching trial
- Newsfeed Now: Biden administration asks Congress to pass COVID-19 relief bill; Texas group prepares Biden lawsuits
- Baseball legend Henry ‘Hank’ Aaron dies at age 86
- North Carolina DOT reimbursed $3M for road repairs following Hurricane Florence