LEXINGTON COUNTY, SC (WBTW) – A community is in mourning following the loss of Lexington County firefighter Paul Quattlebaum.
The Fire Engineer was killed Friday afternoon after being struck by a semi-truck while responding to a motor vehicle crash.
It happened while his unit was en route to a medical call. On the way, they noticed the crash on Fairview Road and stopped to see if those involved were okay. That’s when he was hit.
He died after being transported to an area hospital. The incident is still being investigated by South Carolina Highway Patrol
Quattlebaum was a firefighter since 1997, when he started as a volunteer. and previously served in the Marine Corps.
- Dems want universal vote-by-mail during COVID-19 pandemic but GOP is pushing back
- Community donations save a Carolina Forest business from closure
- Deputies investigate homicide in Darlington Co.
- WATCH NOW: As first stimulus check looms, lawmakers working towards next round of relief
- Police: Conway woman faces DUI charge after crashing with 2-month-old in car