COLUMBIA, SC (WSPA) – South Carolina officials say all $50 lottery rebate checks should be mailed to taxpayers by Thanksgiving.
The state is sending out the checks to qualified taxpayers with money from excess revenue from taxes on a $1.5 billion Mega Millions ticket purchased in Simpsonville in October 2018.
According to the South Carolina Office of the State Treasurer, nearly 800,000 checks were mailed as of November 16.
The state said it still has between 400,000 and 500,000 checks to mail but that all checks should be mailed by Thanksgiving.
- DHEC announces 739 new COVID-19 cases, 30 more deaths; updates numbers with delayed results
- Texas man who sought to kill, rape and eat a child sentenced to 40 years in federal prison
- 20,000 American flags placed near White House to remember lives lost to coronavirus
- Suspect wanted for May shooting in Florence arrested without incident
- Dog trapped in 30-foot hole lured to safety with beef jerky