LUMBERTON, N.C. (WBTW) — A Lumberton man is facing 23 charges after a string of robberies and home invasions, according to the Lumberton Police Department.
Ernest Lee Lewis, Jr., 23, was arrested Friday in the parking lot of a Walmart on multiple outstanding warrants for home invasions and robberies between May 7 and May 22, police said.
One home invasion happened May 7 on C Avenue. A second happened May 16 on Carolina Avenue. A third happened May 22 on North Willow Street, according to police.
According to police, Lewis is charged with:
- 1 count — attempted first-degree murder
- 1 count — assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious injury
- 1 count — first-degree kidnapping
- 7 counts — second-degree kidnapping
- 2 counts — first-degree burglary
- 5 counts — robbery with a dangerous weapon
- 3 counts — possession of a firearm by a convicted felon
- 1 count — larceny of motor vehicle
- 2 counts — injury to real property
The investigation is ongoing and additional arrests and charges are expected, police said. Anyone with any information is asked to call Detective Blake Harrell at 910-671-3845.
In 2017, Lewis was arrested in connection with a shooting that left one person injured.