Lumberton police and the FBI are seeking information about the man charged in the Hania Aguilar case.
“The Lumberton Police Department and FBI are seeking information from the public to pinpoint the movements of Michael McLellan, who is charged with kidnapping and murdering 13-year-old Hania Aguilar,” states a press release from the LPD.
Investigators want to determine McLellan’s movements from November 4 until November 13, 2018, according to the release. “Those dates cover the time period from the day before Hania was kidnapped to the day McLellan was booked into the Robeson County Detention Center.”
Anyone with information about the following is asked to contact the Lumberton Police Department at 910-671-3845 or 910-671-3846:
- Where Michael McLellan was between November 4, 2018-November 13, 2018.
- McLellan possessing a weapon.
- McLellan possessing a yellow bandana.
- The location of a yellow cinch sack McLellan is known to carry.
- Photos of McLellan in possession of the yellow cinch sack.
- Photos taken by you or by a direct contact of yours of McLellan in September, October, or November 2018.
- McLellan in possession of two small TV monitors that fit in the headrest of a vehicle.
- McLellan possessing white Adidas sneakers with three black stripes and distinctive, colorful stitching.
“Hania was forced into a family member’s idling SUV and kidnapped from her driveway in the Rosewood Mobile Home Park in Lumberton on November 5, 2018,” states the release. “The FBI’s Lab at Quantico conducted a forensic exam of the stolen SUV, recovered on November 8, 2018. The North Carolina State Crime Lab provided preliminary test results on Hania’s body, located on November 27, 2018.”
“The results of those tests, including some received on December 7, 2018, and a thorough criminal investigation resulted in the current felony state charges listed below:”
- 1st degree murder
- 1st degree forcible rape
- statutory rape of a person under 15 years of age or younger
- 1st degree sexual offense
- statutory sex offense with a person 15 years or younger
- 1st degree kidnapping
- felony larceny
- felony restraint
- abduction of child
- concealment of a death
McLellan is currently being held at the Raleigh Central Prison under no bond.