JACKSONVILLE, N.C. (WNCT/WBTW) – A man has been arrested after deputies said he sexually assaulted an individual at a birthday party in Onslow County.
On July 28, the Onslow County Sheriff’s Office responded to Onslow Memorial Hospital for a report of a sexual assault.
An investigation reportedly revealed the incident occurred at a birthday party hosted by the victim and allegedly involved Jaime Amilcar Amaya, 29, of New Bern, forcing himself upon the victim.
Amaya was arrested on October 4 and was taken before a magistrate, where he was charged with two counts of felony second-degree forcible sexual offense and felony sexual battery.
He was transported to the Onslow County Detention Center under a $20,000 bond.
- Athletes already qualified for Tokyo Games get to keep spots
- SC Emergency Management will send out a public alert just before 5 p.m.
- DHEC: 187 new cases of coronavirus in SC, 15 new in Horry Co
- DHEC updates cases by ZIP codes, through April 6
- NASCAR announces 15 nominees for 2021 Hall of Fame class