WILSON, N.C. (WNCN) – Police have arrested 27-year-old Marqui Pate after a crash killed two people and injured two others in Wilson on Thursday.
Police responded to the three-vehicle crash in the 400 block of Ward Boulevard just before 8 p.m.
The driver of the second vehicle died en-route to Vident Medical Center and the passenger was pronounced deceased at the scene.
The driver has been identified as 59-year-old Everette Atkinson of Wilson and the passenger has been identified as 48-year-old Sandy Barnes of Wilson.
Police did say how the crash happened but Pate has been charged with driving while impaired.
Both occupants in the third vehicle sustained non-life threatening injuries and were treated at the hospital.
The Wilson Police Department is encouraging anyone with information regarding this crash to contact the Wilson Police Department at 252-399-2323 or Crime Stoppers at 252-243-2255.
- Court says Georgia city can ban Confederate flag in veterans parade
- Court denies Dylann Roof’s request for new appellate hearing
- Meals on Wheels in need of delivery drivers to meet increased demand in Horry County
- Hyundai recalls 100K more cars because faulty engines might catch fire
- Connecticut doctor’s license suspended for providing blank, signed vaccine exemption forms, health dept. says