ROBESON COUNTY, NC (WBTW) – A man has been charged after a deadly crash involving a tractor-trailer in Robeson County.
Clifton Trey Oxendine, 26, of Robeson County, has been charged with misdemeanor death by motor vehicle and a child restraint violation, according to the Lumberton Police Department.
Police say on Sunday around 10 p.m., Oxendine was driving a 2008 Ford F-150 pickup truck and tried to merge onto I-95 from exit 19 southbound, when he merged into the path of a 1993 Kenworth tractor-trailer.
The tractor-trailer was driven by Earl Johnson, 74, of Wade, North Carolina, police also said. Both vehicles collided and the tractor-trailer ran off the road and overturned down an embankment. Johnson died as a result.
Oxendine is set to appear in court on February 5, 2020.
Anyone with information about the crash is asked to contact Lumberton police.
- SCDOT to repair falling concrete from major bridge in North Myrtle Beach
- Additional traffic signals, new multi-use path approved for Carolina Forest Boulevard
- Murder suspect in Darlington County released on bond
- Farmers protect crops against expected sub-freezing temperatures
- High School Basketball playoffs – February 21