MAXTON AREA, NC (WBTW) – A Maxton man is facing several charges after authorities say they found several different kinds of drugs and eight guns while executing a search warrant Friday.
Martin Luther McLaughlin, 49, of Maxton was arrested and charged following the search on Fairley Road near Maxton, according to press release from the Robeson County Sheriff’s Office.
Investigators found heroin, methamphetamine, oxycodone pills, fentanyl patches, suboxone strips, cocaine, marijuana, drug paraphernalia, eight firearms and around $3,650 in cash, according to the release.
McLaughlin now faces several charges, including:
- trafficking opium or heroin
- trafficking opioids
- trafficking methamphetamine
- possession with intent to dell or deliver heroin
- possession with intent to sell or deliver methamphetamine
- possession with intent to sell or deliver cocaine
- possession with intent to sell or deliver a Schedule II Controlled Substance
- possession with intent to sell or deliver a Schedule III Controlled Substance
- possession with intent to sell or deliver marijuana
- maintaining a drug dwelling and possession of drug paraphernalia
McLaughlin was booked into the Robeson County Detention Center. His bond was set at $1,000,000. Count on News13 for updates.
- Surfside Beach looks to fix hospitality tax rules as legal battle winds down
- It’s not December yet, but Elf on the Shelf 2020 is already very different
- Murder suspect from 2015 shooting now charged in another Robeson County shooting
- 4 injured in crash on Hwy 90 in Conway
- Fire official warns of holiday-related fire dangers