RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – A Raleigh man is being held under a $1 million bond after he was charged with statutory rape of a child and sharing images of that crime, warrants say.
Anthony Christian Harris, 28, was arrested late Friday by Raleigh police.
Warrants say between July 2019 and Jan. 14, Harris took photos of himself “engaging in sexual activity” with the teen and then shared those images.
He faces charges of :
- Felony statutory rape of a child 15 years old or younger
- Felony first-degree sexual exploitation of a minor
- Felony second-degree exploitation of a minor
- Third-degree sexual exploitation of a minor
If Harris posts his $1 million bond, he can not have contact with the victim or anyone under the age of 16, court documents show.
He remained behind bars Monday morning.
He is scheduled to appear before a Wake County judge on Jan. 21.
- Feeling like triple digits once again with low rain chances
- Duke Energy explains how North Carolina dams, watershed have contributed to Horry County flooding
- Body found by railroad tracks in Georgia turns out to be sex doll
- Tracking the Tropics, Week 7: beach renourishment & hurricane shelters amid COVID-19
- SCHSL to meet Wednesday to discuss the status of high school football, fall sports