RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – A Raleigh man is being held under a $1 million bond after he was charged with statutory rape of a child and sharing images of that crime, warrants say.
Anthony Christian Harris, 28, was arrested late Friday by Raleigh police.
Warrants say between July 2019 and Jan. 14, Harris took photos of himself “engaging in sexual activity” with the teen and then shared those images.
He faces charges of :
- Felony statutory rape of a child 15 years old or younger
- Felony first-degree sexual exploitation of a minor
- Felony second-degree exploitation of a minor
- Third-degree sexual exploitation of a minor
If Harris posts his $1 million bond, he can not have contact with the victim or anyone under the age of 16, court documents show.
He remained behind bars Monday morning.
He is scheduled to appear before a Wake County judge on Jan. 21.
- RI State Police, National Guard set up checkpoint to stop, log travelers from NY
- Stimulus Check Calculator: How much money will you get?
- COVID-19 case count at 935 in North Carolina, state reports
- FDA clears test to detect coronavirus in 5 minutes
- Police: Two hurt in Bennettsville drive-by shooting