CARY, N.C. (WNCN) — Two young girls died from hyperthermia in August after they were “left in a vehicle during hot weather for approximately six hours,” according to autopsy results released on Wednesday.

Launice Shanique Battle, 29, is facing two counts of murder in the deaths of 3-year-old Amora Milbourne, and 2-year-old Trinity Milbourne.

According to the autopsy results, the girls had “no body temperature” reading and “mild [body] decomposition” when found they were found.

Battle’s family said her boyfriend called the family looking for her on Aug. 27, the same day investigators say she killed the girls. She was found at Duke Raleigh Hospital on Wake Forest Road in Raleigh just before 9:40 p.m. and arrested the next day and charged with felony murder, CBS 17 previously reported.

CBS 17 also reported that Battle was spotted inside the Vegas Style Sweepstakes on Atlantic Springs Road for six hours before she was arrested in connection with her daughters’ deaths. She was also seen driving off from the sweepstakes parlor in a hurry at about 8 p.m., six hours after arriving there, before authorities found her at Duke Raleigh Hospital.

“On 8/27/2022, she [Amora] and her 2-year-old sibling (OCME Case B22-5708) were reportedly left in a vehicle parked behind a gambling establishment from approximately 1430 hours to 2030 hours (6 hours),” the autopsy said. “It was parked in a possibly partially shaded area. Documented weather for that time was hot, with a high temperature 95 degrees Fahrenheit with skies varying from partly to mostly cloudy with some light rain. Her mother found them unresponsive and drove them to Duke Raleigh Emergency Department.”

The autopsy report also said that Battle admitted to a caretaker that she had left the children in the back seat of her car for approximately four hours while she was gambling.

The autopsy revealed that Amora suffered from numerous medical conditions. She had a history of prematurity, chromosome deletion with associated global developmental delay, congenital heart disease, feeding difficulties treated with a gastrostomy tube, cerebellar ischemia and other issues requiring prior hospitalizations, the autopsy stated.

These medical conditions help confirm the reports of how and why Battle was investigated three times by Child Protective Services during the past three years. Additionally, the final report was made just weeks before both children died.

In July 2019, Battle was accused of neglecting a child.

The report also said CPS intervened to make sure the family received services, including speech therapy and special infant care. It said the family was provided with gas cards to ensure they could make their appointments.

In June 2020, there was a second report of neglect with concerns about Battle not taking a child to follow-up medical appointments.

The final neglect report was made on July 8. The report cites a “concern about improper care and improper supervision”.

The autopsy noted that Amora also had eight different evidence markers of medical therapy at the time of her death.

CBS 17 has directly reached out to the Cary Police Department about an updated court appearance for Battle and whether she is still facing the death penalty or life in prison without parole and was told that Raleigh police are handling the case. Raleigh police have been asked the same questions.

Wake County District Attorney Lorrin Freeman responded to CBS 17’s request for comment after the release of the autopsy with the following statement:

“Autopsy reports are but one part of an investigation.  The determination by the Office of Chief Medical Examiner is not a legal determination on the issue of whether a criminal offense has occurred, and is based only on those facts known by the pathologist at the time and the medical examination.   We will evaluate all the evidence in any decision on how to move forward.  Because this case is pending, any additional comments on the facts of the case would not be appropriate.”