MORGANTON, N.C. (FOX 46 CHARLOTTE) – A 26-year-old woman was arrested Wednesday after allegations of sexual abuse with a child in foster care, according to the Burke County Sheriff’s Office.
Authorities said Mary Caroline Brown was arrested without incident and charged with felony sex act by substitute parent. She was issued a $100,000 bond.
The Sheriff’s Office said it received a report on Monday from the NC Department of Health and Human Services-Child Protection Services with allegations of the crime, prompting the investigation.
- SC teacher advocacy group wants teachers prioritized in next COVID-19 vaccine phase
- FBI: 33 missing children, including some who were sexually exploited, found in California operation
- ‘Just want to say thank you’: First lady Jill Biden delivers cookies to National Guard troops
- Devante Jones leads the way as the CCU men take down Troy, 90-81
- Solicitor talks about uniqueness of charge against couple accused of public sex acts in Myrtle Beach