GWINNETT COUNTY, Ga. (WSAV) – UPDATE: Reports say one person is dead after a fiery wreck on I-85 Saturday morning near Atlanta.
According to the Gwinnett County Police, all I-85 southbound lanes have been reopened. Evacuated drivers stuck in the northbound lanes are being asked to return to their cars in anticipation of lanes opening back up soon.
GWINNETT COUNTY, Ga. (WSAV) – Crews are responding to a major fire on Interstate 85 in Gwinnett County Saturday morning.
The Gwinnett County Police and Georgia 511 tweeted that I-85 northbound and southbound at Jimmy Carter Boulevard in Atlanta is shut down and drivers of vehicles on the roadway are being evacuated. Businesses on the access roads in the area are also being evacuated.
According to a report by 11 Alive, GDOT said a tractor-trailer and two other vehicles collided, causing the crash. There is no word on injuries at this time.
- When was your student’s bus last repaired? Myrtle Beach-area districts performed thousands of fixes last year
- CCU goalkeeper Tor Saunders drafted into the MLS
- Conway man charged in Myrtle Beach motel shooting
- Boat captain pets great white shark off Florida coast
- LIVE: President Biden ordering economic help as $1.9T relief talks begin