RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) – North Carolina officials have approved parole for a woman serving a life sentence for plotting the murder of her husband.
The state parole commission said Thursday that it had approved parole for 67-year-old Donna Westbrooks.
Westbrooks was convicted in 1993 of first-degree murder, conspiracy and solicitation to commit murder.
The Guilford County woman enlisted two friends to kill James Westbrooks Jr. by promising to share the payout from his life insurance policy.
James Westbrooks, who worked for a beer distributing company, died after being stabbed 30 times at his Colfax home.
(Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- A pleasant end to the weekend
- Pageland Police Chief tests positive for COVID-19
- Carolina Forest grad Tanner Massey helping the masses in the G-League
- Pet of the Weekend: Meet Sauer!
- Spotty clouds for your Sunday