RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) – North Carolina officials have approved parole for a woman serving a life sentence for plotting the murder of her husband.
The state parole commission said Thursday that it had approved parole for 67-year-old Donna Westbrooks.
Westbrooks was convicted in 1993 of first-degree murder, conspiracy and solicitation to commit murder.
The Guilford County woman enlisted two friends to kill James Westbrooks Jr. by promising to share the payout from his life insurance policy.
James Westbrooks, who worked for a beer distributing company, died after being stabbed 30 times at his Colfax home.
(Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- President Biden’s measures to fight climate change include freeze on new offshore drilling leases
- No. 20 Hokies rebound from road loss to top Notre Dame 62-51
- Community attends prayer service on anniversary of Gannon Stauch’s disappearance
- UNCP men win the battle of I95, taking down Francis Marion, 82-80
- Bryant, South Carolina take down Georgia with ease, 83-59