FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (AP) – Police in North Carolina say a pawn shop employee was shot while locking up his store.
Fayetteville Police said 63-year-old Ronald Ruple was closing up Bragg Pawn Shop Saturday night when a man shot him in the leg.
Police said Ruple drew his own weapon and fired back at the suspect. The suspect fled into the woods and is still at large, police said.
Police said a preliminary investigation indicated the shooting could have been part of an attempted robbery.
(Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- A warm end to the weekend
- Gov. McMaster issues new executive order in response to COVID-19
- Mother charged after infant found in plastic bag at NC church parking lot
- Tideland Health reports first COVID-19 patient death for healthcare system
- DHEC: 2 new COVID-19 related deaths, statewide total reaches 660